Industry & TETAF News
HHS Now Accepting PAC Membership Applications
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission is accepting applications for membership on the Perinatal Advisory Council. The council develops and recommends criteria for hospital designation levels of care capabilities for neonatal and maternal services.
Council members serve 3-year terms. The council meets at least quarterly and needs representatives for the following:
- One physician specializing in neonatology who works in a Level III or IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
- One physician specializing in neonatology who works in a rural area.
- One physician specializing in obstetrics-gynecology.
- One registered nurse with expertise in maternal health care delivery.
- One representative from a hospital with a Level II NICU.
- One representative from a general hospital.
More information on how to apply is available online.