Industry & TETAF News
Brain Injury Awareness Month
In recognition of Brain Injury Awareness Month in March, the Texas Brain Injury Programs at the Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) will offer a free virtual Texas Brain Conference and Webinar Series. The theme is “Bridging Silos: Connecting Systems of Care with a Person-Centered Approach.” Click on the links below to register for each session.
Each Wednesday in March from 12:00-1:00 p.m. Central time, the Texas Brain Injury Webinar Series will feature the following topics:
- Session 1 – March 3: Introduction of Person-Centered Thinking Principles and Brain Injury
- Session 2 – March 10: Co-occurring Disorders: Substance Use and Brain Injury
- Session 3 – March 17: Brain Injury among the Veteran Population
- Session 4 – March 24: Correlations with Domestic Violence and Brain Injury
- Session 5 – March 31: Bridging the Silos – National and State Initiatives
Additionally, the Texas Brain Injury Conference will feature brain injury-related topics:
- Session 1 – March 25, 2021 from 1:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m. Central time
- Stroke and Cardiovascular Disease
- Brain Injury and Health Disparities/Racial Equity
- Brain Injury and Vocational Rehabilitation
- Session 2 – March 26, 2021 from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Central time
- Brain Injury: Criminal and Juvenile Justice
- Mental Health and Emotional Needs Following a Brain Injury
- Acquired Brain Injuries-Educational Needs for Students
Continuing education credit for multiple disciplines will be provided by HHSC for these events.
If you need an accommodation or additional information, please contact the Office of Acquired Brain Injury at OABI@hhsc.state.tx.us.