Trauma & Emergency Health Care Education
TETAF Hospital Data Management Course - Virtual
June 28 and 29, 2021
Data gathered at trauma centers is organized for analysis and reviewed for facility process improvement and decision-making in patient care. Among many applications, data is used to:
• improve processes and patient care;
• direct safety initiatives and injury prevention activities; and
• drive legislative initiatives.
Data drives improvement in trauma care, so the collection and tracking of accurate data is critical. This course is designed to improve the skill sets of the data entry specialist specific to data input, data abstraction and statistical reporting.
1. Describe the role of the Trauma Registrar as a data manager.
2. Examine the data abstraction process used in data management and the use of the data dictionary to ensure accuracy and follow-up with validation of the data.
3. Discuss the processes used for medical coding and trauma scoring to ensure quality output from your data.
4. Describe how registry data can be used as meaningful use data for your trauma center.
5. Demonstrate data abstraction process through skills lab and case reviews.
Texas EMS, Trauma & Acute Care Foundation is approved as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the Louisiana State Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing
Center’s Commission on Accreditation. LSNA Provider No. 4002155
Learners will demonstrate data abstraction process through skills lab and case reviews.
Requirements for Successful Completion of the TETAF Hospital Data Management Course (HDMC):
1) The computer camera MUST be on while using Zoom during the virtual course to validate attendance for the entire educational activity.
2) Poll question participation
3) 100% of learners will provide condition of injury with coding and scoring concepts from a trauma case scenario example for live and/or enduring education on the evaluation form.
Participant must attend entire educational activity and complete/submit an evaluation tool to receive a certificate of successful completion to be awarded up to 12.3 contact hours for this educational activity.
The TETAF Hospital Data Management Course meets the American College of Surgeons (ACS) standard to qualify as an approved trauma registrar education for all levels of trauma facilities.