Acute care has been part of TETAF’s mission since its beginning.
TETAF's credentialed and experienced surveyors provide survey services for hospitals seeking Acute Stroke Ready (Level IV) designation.
Stroke Center Designation Survey Package
The TETAF Stroke Survey Package includes:
- Prompt survey scheduling
- Pre-Survey Questionnaire (PSQ) - The PSQ is a document that organizes program components for the surveyors and begins the first phase of the survey process. Hospital partners have stated the PSQ initiated them to review their program plans and identified early opportunities for improvement.
- Access to TETAF survey operations and leadership team - TETAF has provided surveys in Texas since 2008. With years of experience in program development, program management, and the survey process, the TETAF team is always available to support you before, during, and after your hospital's survey.
- Pre-survey conference to ensure preparation
- Carefully trained and managed surveyors who complete didactic training, skills labs, observations, and real-time surveyor training to become a credentialed TETAF surveyor.
- Consistency in the survey process, including the on-site review, reporting tools, and medical record reviews.
- Open evaluations of TETAF's process and surveyors to continuously improve based on your experience.
- Timely delivery of digital reports, medical record reviews, and a consultation supplement to support your development of a Corrective Action Plan, if indicated.
- Virtual educational opportunities
- Ongoing advocacy with an expert lobby team to continuously ensure your hospital needs are kept at the forefront in the legislative arena.
Stroke Center Designation and Focused Survey Fees
TETAF provides Acute Stroke Ready Level IV designation surveys and focused surveys at an affordable cost of $7,000.
Stroke Survey Consultation Survey
Our consultation surveys cost less than a designation survey. The consultation provides opportunities for improvement and emphasizes current strengths that provide the best in acute care. The consultation is $6,000 and includes a nurse consultant.
TETAF Survey Scheduling Timeline
Our example survey timeline guides you through the survey and the steps to take during the process.
|EXAMPLE SCHEDULE||SUGGESTED CHECKLIST|
|Early January 2023|
Dates based on January 1, 2024 expiration date
|Request Designation Survey through TETAF
|Late January 2023||Confirm Survey Date with TETAF
|February – April 2023||Prepare Hospital Documentation
|May 2023||Prepare for Survey
|June 1-2 2023|
5-6 months PRIOR to the expiration date
|Pre-Survey Record Review and Survey
|Late June 2023||Receive Survey Documentation
|July-September 2023||Review Survey Report and Create Action Plan
|January 1, 2024||Designation Expiration Date|
** TETAF is an independent, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Austin, Texas. TETAF and Texas Perinatal Services are not affiliated with the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS).
TETAF has exceptional surveyors. They become part of your team to help your program grow as well as display your strengths and achievements.
CHI St. Joseph Health Burleson Hospital